I know it sounds a little cliche to say this, but this past year was the BEST! Seriously. It was pretty great! Of course there was the usual cycle of ups and downs, but I’m pretty sure my year was mostly ups. Let’s have a quick recap, shall we?
- I transitioned into a great job as Manager at the apartment complex I had worked at during college. It was great experience, I loved my boss and co-workers, and I got a LOT of crazy stories out of it. (Hoarders, loose chickens running around, floods, just to name a few.)
- I visited my sister in Texas for my birthday! She and her husband surprised me and we stayed at South Padre Island and it was awesome!
- I turned 25. This seemed like a big milestone and made me feel like I finally entered into adulthood…. whatever that means. Maybe it’s the fact that I got a Sam’s Club membership, but turning 25 made me feel very grown up.
- I went to NYC! A quick weekend trip to the Big Apple was just what I needed. I got to see one of my best friends, I got to soak up (literally, it rained almost the whole time) time in one of my favorite cities, and spent almost half of the vacation by myself… and really enjoyed it!
- My oldest and dearest friend got married! It was an honor to be her maid of honor and share the special day with her and her family!
- My awesome bosses took the Weaver Creek staff to Vegas… and it was amazing! Winning some money playing Blackjack, eating ridiculously delicious food, lounging by the pool, hitting up fun places like Pure and Tao… it was a weekend that I’ll never forget (even if I don’t have any pictures to remember it by!)
- I got a GREAT new job and moved back to St. Louis! I am (finally) using my degree and working as an editor and LOVING it. The living situation is… good for now. Hopefully that will change in the near-ish future.
- I got a nephew and he is the most adorable little squishy dude ever! I might be a little bit biased, but he is pretty much the best. My parents and I flew down to Houston to meet him (and visit my sister and her husband) over Thanksgiving and I can’t wait to see him in person again!
With a new year just around the corner, I am so thankful for the amazing year that is getting left behind. I am truly blessed with all the amazing things that happened in the last year (everything mentioned and so much more!) and I can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store for me! Happy new year!