Happy Friday! We are officially in December now and it certainly feels like it! I did finally end up turning my heat on… and man did it smell. You know that burning smell when all the dust gets heated up? So unpleasant. At least mine didn’t set off the smoke detector- one of my friend’s did that when she turned her heat on!
A while back I was nominated for a few more of those blog award/recognition things (hooray!) but then I honestly forgot to do anything about it. My bad. Those usually consist of listing out a few fun facts about yourself, so I thought I would go ahead and do that now before I forgot again! (I know you’re all dying to know!) So here are 7 facts about little ol’ me!
- Snail mail is my absolute favorite, both receiving AND sending! I try to send at least one hand-written card or note a month.
- I haven’t bought new shampoo or conditioner since I moved to Dallas… 9 months ago… Since I don’t wash my hair every day, it’s just taken me a long time to get through them. (I am almost done though and I can’t wait to try out a new brand, I haven’t been loving the kind I have currently.)
- The first thing I do every Monday morning at work is to change my desktop background. I have a folder saved on my desktop with different images and backgrounds, and then every week I go through and pick a new one!
- I am NOT an adventurous eater. At all. I tried octopus once (it was in Las Vegas- not a fan), and I tried tongue at a Mexican restaurant a few months ago, but that’s about as crazy as I’ve ever gotten.
- Another food related one- I do not like sushi. At all. In fact, one time in college I went on a first date to a sushi place and just ordered the chicken. (Turned out he hated sushi, too, but just wanted to take me somewhere trendy. #datefail)
- I’ve never donated blood. I’ve wanted to, I just can’t. I lived in England in the early 90s and am therefore on the no-go list when it comes to donating. I did go stand in line with friends a few times in college though (I really wanted the free tshirt… how horrible is that?!?)
- I get WAY too emotional about really silly things. One of my most well known examples is how I happy cry almost every time I watch the sorting hat scene in the first Harry Potter movie. (He is just so happy and he wanted to be in Gryffindor and now he is and he is just starting school and he doesn’t even know the adventures he will have and the friends he will make!!!)