I just have a very random observation to share today… but first let me back up a bit.
I’ve been slowly re-watching Gilmore Girls because 1)it’s amazing and 2)why not and 3)I’ve got to get geared up for the revival and right now I’m in season 7, specifically the episodes where Marty is back and being a dummy. SUCH a dummy.
Two weekends ago I had some friends in town visiting and we went to see one of our favorite bands, the Turnpike Troubadours, in concert. They’re so good live (and not live, too!) and the lead singer is country boy dreamy to the max.
With those two things in mind, I realized that the lead singer from Turnpike Troubadours and the guy who plays Marty are DEFINITELY THE SAME PERSON. I mean, I know they’re not, but…. come on… just look at them.
So I have some theories.
- Wayne (who played Marty) left Gilmore Girls to start a band. In Oklahoma.
- Evan (from Turnpike) will make an appearance on the Gilmore Girls revival and play them a song. As Marty.
- They are twins separated at birth. Or at least like, cousins.
- Wayne is pretending to be a cowboy for an in-depth documentary or performance piece that will be shows at a film festival in 2023.
- They are just two strangers who happen to look alike and if they meet the world would get confused and a black hole would start on that very spot.
I know there are lots of other celebrities out there that look WAY too much alike to not notice… but this one was fresh in my mind. Has anybody else noticed this one before?!?
Anyway, I hope that you have a fantastic weekend and find something fun to do! I don’t have any fantastic plans yet, but I know I’ll find something! See ya!
Have you checked out these posts?
Yet Another Concert Playlist – Turnpike Troubadours
The Fates of Rory’s Boyfriends
Gilmore Girls is on Netflix!