I refuse to believe that I’m actually 29 right now. Not because I don’t want to get older or I’m freaking out about getting closer to 30, I just actually can’t believe that much time has passed in my life already! Really, where has the time gone?!?! And I know that it’s only going to get faster and faster, too… Yikes! In my mind I swear that it’s still March 2009 and also sometimes mentally I think that I’m still 24… which both of these are actually false but I just seriously can’t believe so much time has passed!
I actually enjoy getting older. I feel like I’m learning a lot about myself as the years go on and I’m having a blast, tbh! I really like that the older I get, the more “ok” it is for me to do the things I like, such as crocheting, reading all the time, sitting down at concerts, going to bed early, etc. (Am I 29 or 79, am I right?!?)
To celebrate my being another year older, I made a list of 29 things I love and always say yes to!
- Desserts including peanut butter. Any of them. All of them.
- Flying alone. I’m all for having a travel buddy, but airport time is book time and I love zoning out and getting some serious reading done. (In fact, I zoned out so much once that I didn’t realize they moved my flight to a new gate and I almost missed the dang thing! Thankfully I heard my name over the speaker and was wearing good running shoes.)
- Spending an entire afternoon crafting. Crochet, watercolor, hand embroidery, you name it and I’ll happy sit for hours working on it!
- Buying anything with a llama on it. Not sure where it started, but they’re my favorite and I love them and my llama blowing bubbles watercolor might be my favorite piece of art in my apartment.
- Reading full Wikipedia articles about almost anything. I’ll get a subject in my head and won’t stop till I’ve read it all. (I even keep a list of things to look up later because I guarantee I could spend all day at work reading about conspiracy theories or war heroes or plots to scary movies I know I’ll never watch or whatever!)
- Doing an at home face mask. People don’t appreciate those enough, because they are amazing and my favorite.
- Bringing the dessert. If there’s a potluck going on, you bet I’m going to sign up to bake something sweet and show off my Betty Crocker skills.
- Cold blankets. Even when I’m cold. I know they’ll warm me up eventually, but I love the feel of cold squishing and cuddling blankets!
- Wearing flats. Heels are fun and all but I am too wimpy to wear heels to work every single day or for an entire night out!
- Watching a favorite TV show again. Even if it’s just certain episodes to fit my mood, I have absolutely no problem watching something again and again.
- Buying yet another cardigan. I seriously wear cardigans (or as my friends now call them, kelligans) every day and I won’t stop till I’ve got one in every color and style!
- Fresh flowers. I’ll take a fresh bouquet on my table any day!
- Queso. If I could have queso at every restaurant and every function I would be a happy camper. Don’t be surprised to see a queso fountain at my wedding. (Has that been invented yet?)
- Painting my nails a bright color. I’m not a super huge fan of getting manicures, but I love starting the week with freshly painted nails!
- Reading outside. There’s just something about reading in the breeze that puts me in such a happy mood!
- Trying a new restaurant. But as long as I can look up the menu online beforehand and pick a few things that I might want to try. My friends know I ALWAYS look up the menu before going anywhere!
- Statement necklaces. I’m glad these haven’t totally gone out of style yet, because I love wearing them as often as possible!!!
- Creating road trip playlists. I pride myself on being able to curate the ultimate set of tunes that will delight every person in the car with songs they love (and maybe introduce them to some new stuff they’ll love!)
- Watching HGTV. I don’t have cable (and haven’t had my tv hooked up for more than watching DVDs for 5 years now) so whenever I have the chance to watch HGTV I jump on it! Gimme a Property Brothers marathon and I’m a happy camper!
- Hugs. I’m a hugger, and I’ll never turn down someone who wants to give me a hug.
- Reading the book before seeing the movie/show. The book is usually better and I like to know what’s going to happen when I finally do watch it on screen!
- Texas ANYTHING! Texas shaped cutting board? Gimme! Cute Texas outline on a sweatshirt! I’mma wear it! Cookie cutter in the shape of Texas? Texas sugar cookies coming right up! I’ve got state pride, y’all! (I was born here, lived here again as a child, and now I’m back!)
- Attempting a crossword puzzle. I love trying to use my brain to solve the word games, even if I’m not very good at it yet. (I highly recommend the USA Today crossword puzzle that you can do online!)
- Pink accessories and trinkets. Pink isn’t even my favorite color (it’s blue!) but I’m a sucker for something bright and fun that will put a smile on my face.
- Having a glass of water. I like root beer and moscato and sweet tea, but I really enjoy staying hydrated and can usually be found with a glass of water somewhere in my vacinity.
- Car dancing. Usually in an interpretive way. It’s the best.
- Making a list. About anyting and everything. I’ve got lists for blog post ideas, books and movies I want to check out from the library, new brands of shampoo I want to try, crafts I want to make, bible studies I want to do- it’s never-ending and so fun (for me)!
- Birthday month. I’m a big fan of birthdays and love to celebrate as much and as often as possible! (And it helps when you get lots of free things for your birthday to help celebrate!)
- Eating cake for breakfast. It doesn’t have to be my birthday, but it’s scientifically proven that birthday cake makes breakfast 482% more delicious.
Hopefully I mentioned some of your favorite things, too! What was on my list that YOU always say yes to, too?