Hooray hooray we made it to another Friday! And what a great one it is- I’m going to Tulsa today! Not only will I get some good airport appreciation time (I actually have a conference call for work I’ll be listening to while I wait to board) but I will get to spend the long weekend hanging out with my parents. We don’t really have anything special planned, but it will be nice to just hang out at home, spend time quality with my dad, and hopefully see some llamas. Yes, my parents live by some llamas. It’s like a dream come true!
But before I jet out of town, here is what has been on my radar this week!
(1) I got this cutie new planner and it is already rocking my socks off! It comes with a sticker page, lots of room to write, notes pages for every month, and who wouldn’t love that bright cover?!? (They are selling out fast, hurry up and get yours!)
(2) Do you hate trendy slang words or do you think they are totally awesomesauce? Check out this list of some new trendy words that have officially made their way into the Oxford Dictionary.
(3) Someone edited clips from Seinfeld to make a trailer for a Lifetime movie- watch it here!
(4) A friend found these cards and showed them to me- I think that I need them. For sure.
(5) Now that summer is coming to an end, here are some things that you should probably get rid of.
Enjoy your long weekend, everybody! Have lots of fun and stay safe!
Hey guess what? It’s almost the ‘fall’ season! It definitely doesn’t feel like it here in Dallas (temps are still hovering at 100 degrees every day… yeesh) but according to my capsule wardrobe schedule, it is time to swap out my summer clothes for more transitional pieces. I went through my closet and chose my items that I’ll be wearing for the next 3 months!
A few notes:
- Because it is still SO INCREDIBLY HOT here, I am keeping out a pair of shorts, a few t-shirts, and my sandals. I just don’t want to limit myself, you know? Thankfully though, my office is always freezing and so is the bus I take to and from work, so I’ll be able to wear all of these items to work pretty much right away. (I have been wearing pants and cardigans all summer without a problem, anyway.)
- I also bumped up my number of items to 40. I used those extra spots for 2 extra pairs of shoes and an extra top.
- It was impossible to find all of the EXACT items that I have in my closet online, so I found ones that are extremely similar. Like the black dress- I have one that is SO SIMILAR and also from Target, but I bought it 2 years ago, so it was no longer on their site.
- Again, I didn’t include accessories, scarves, tennis shoes, or workout clothes in my items.
Are you going to join me? Go through your closet and pic out your items! Go do it! Right now! I know you’ll be surprised at just how much variety you can get with your outfits over the next 3 months. Let me know if you decide to do this along with me! Happy ‘fall’ everybody!