Seriously. I love sweet potato fries so much. I could have them with every single meal and be a very happy camper (in fact I did have them with dinner every night this past week…. not even sorry). It’s pretty much a given that whenever they are an option at a restaurant, I will shell out the extra dollar to upgrade to sweet potato fries. Totally worth it. One of my favorite things about them, besides their deliciousness, is that they are SO easy to make at home! There are a few ways that you can make these bad boys, but here is my usual method!
1. Pour a little bit of EVOO into a bowl (just enough to lightly coat the fries. Better to have too little at first and have to add a little bit more later.)
2. Add some spices in your bowl and mix it all up. I usually put in a little bit of garlic powder, cumin, and parsley flakes, but there are LOTS of combos that would be delicious!
3. Peel your sweet potatoes and cut them into your desired shapes. Sometimes I go with wedges, sometimes I make little sweet potato chips! (You don’t want them to be too thick or they won’t cook thoroughly, but you don’t want them to be too thin or they will BURN and your whole house will smell disgusting.)
4. Plop your fries into the oil mixture and toss to coat.
5. Spread the fries onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure that your fries aren’t touching!
6. Bake the fries at 450 degrees for 20 minutes (you might need a little more or less, depending on your oven, the thickness of your fries, etc.) Be sure to flip your fries at least once- I flip mine every 5 minutes.
7. Wait for them to cool and then eat your heart out!!