I wrote this post a few days ago because I knew that I would be just waaay too busy today to write anything because it is MOVING DAY! Hopefully by the time this posts I will have my moving truck all loaded and might even be on the road! That’s the plan anyway- Dallas here I come!!! I won’t actually get there till tomorrow, but the journey begins today. Oh boy! I was born in Texas and have lived there twice, and even though I haven’t lived there in 18 years, it kind of feels like coming home for me.
Here are some things that have been on my radar this week!
1. Tour of St. Louis via Instagram. I sure will miss St. Louis a lot, and thankfully most of my friends live there so I’m sure I’ll be back to visit regularly!
2. This llama watercolor is so weird but I also think that I need it in my life. It might make an appearance in the gallery wall I’m planning for my new apartment. I’m not even kidding.
3. This article on how small habits can change your life.
4. 33+ Moving Tips Everyone Should Know. Some of these were definitely put into practice!
5. I have 2 free movie tickets that I’ll be using at some point (maybe as a reward for unpacking!) and this graphic is very helpful on how to make the best popcorn.
I’ll give more fun and exciting Dallas updates once I actually get there! Thankfully my mom and dad were available to help and they are going down with me to help get me set up and ready to go. Happy Friday and happy weekend!
1. Look at this print. How adorable. I think that I need this to brighten up my living room. Or kitchen. Or cubicle. Anywhere, really!
2. This dress is to die for! A few weeks ago I went shopping for formal gowns with a friend. She has a black-tie wedding to go to and it was so fun looking at all the pretty dresses! I saw this one and immediately loved it- now I just need to find a fancy event to go to so I can go get it and wear it.
3. I love this map of all the neighborhoods in St. Louis. There are so many and they are all so unique- and the best part is this map is interactive! Click on the neighborhood and find out more about it!
4. I love this tutorial for fabric garland. My apartment needs some of this whimsy!
5. This is the most adorable Halloween costume. Ever.
How has this Friday been for everyone?!? Mine has been pretty great! Work went well and I got to go to lunch with some of my favorite ladies, I had some good developments in a possible future opportunity and I’m excited to see what the outcome might be (super vague, I know, but don’t want to get ahead of myself!), I found some great treasures and a few Christmas gifts at Target, and I had a really great workout! And now…. I am going to bed because I am exhausted! Goodnight and happy weekend!
Happy happy Friday everyone! This has been a very interesting week with lots and lots of rain. So much rain. I keep forgetting to wear/bring my rain boots to work and it was a horrible decision every day. Work for me was a roller coaster- one day I was super busy, and the next day it was a struggle to find things to keep busy with, and then the day after that was busy and stressful all over again… I am just so glad it is the weekend again! Here are my 5 things to share for the week!
1. Charcoal Face Mask– I tried a new face mask this afternoon and LOVE IT! It is a charcoal and black sugar polishing mask and my face feels amazing! You put it on your face, let it sit for 5 minutes, spend 2 minutes rubbing it in, and then rinse it off. I definitely felt like Bert from Mary Poppins with soot on my face and I also got some in my hair, but oooh my face feels so polished!
2. I stopped at Target on my way home from work today and found the best new jacket! I had been needing a new light jacket for those transition days where it is chilly enough for an extra layer, but not cold enough for an actual coat. This one is perfect and comes in quite a few colors- I got the grey with a little tiny houndstooth print!
3. This video made me laugh out loud. It is just so fun and makes me wish that I lived somewhere where I could hail a cab.
4. United Sweets of America– This map is the best! My state (Missouri) got gooey butter cake. That is absolutely correct. Gooey butter cake is so delicious and more specifically is a St. Louis staple. In fact, a lot of people outside of St. Louis have never even heard of it, let alone tried it. I remember trying to explain it to my college roommate freshman year and she just didn’t understand. So sad.
5. Speaking of gooey butter cake… you should try this recipe for gooey butter cookies. I have made these multiple times and they are always a hit! It has the same great taste as the gooey butter cake we all know and love, but in a portable, hand-held cookie. And it uses a box of cake mix as the base of the recipe- it doesn’t get much easier than that!