Hooray hooray we made it to another Friday! And what a great one it is- I’m going to Tulsa today! Not only will I get some good airport appreciation time (I actually have a conference call for work I’ll be listening to while I wait to board) but I will get to spend the long weekend hanging out with my parents. We don’t really have anything special planned, but it will be nice to just hang out at home, spend time quality with my dad, and hopefully see some llamas. Yes, my parents live by some llamas. It’s like a dream come true!
But before I jet out of town, here is what has been on my radar this week!
(1) I got this cutie new planner and it is already rocking my socks off! It comes with a sticker page, lots of room to write, notes pages for every month, and who wouldn’t love that bright cover?!? (They are selling out fast, hurry up and get yours!)
(2) Do you hate trendy slang words or do you think they are totally awesomesauce? Check out this list of some new trendy words that have officially made their way into the Oxford Dictionary.
(3) Someone edited clips from Seinfeld to make a trailer for a Lifetime movie- watch it here!
(4) A friend found these cards and showed them to me- I think that I need them. For sure.
(5) Now that summer is coming to an end, here are some things that you should probably get rid of.
Enjoy your long weekend, everybody! Have lots of fun and stay safe!
Last time, I wrote about my current capsule wardrobe and the specific items that I included. Did you read it? Was it helpful? I sure hope so! And if you’re still on the fence about whether or not you should give the whole capsule wardrobe thing a try (you totally should), I hope that this post will be even more encouraging!
I went through and tried to come up with every possible outfit combination (I probably missed a few) and with just the 37 items I have kept out to wear over the next 3 months, I can make 90 different outfits!!!!! 90! At least! That’s basically going to get me through the whole summer season without repeating an outfit! (I know that realistically I will because of laundry or spills or forgetfulness, but still). 90! Here are some of my favorites that I can’t wait to wear!
Why yes, I DID just put the clothes on my living room floor. How on earth did you know?!? A bit ghetto, yes, but it got the job done. So are any of you going to give this a go with me?!?
Summer is officially here, and with that comes all of the fun activities summer has to offer. It’s hard to pick and choose what to do when you only have a limited amount of “fun” time on your hands (one of the drawbacks to having a job where you work around 50 during the week) and it can be even harder to keep track of all the things that you want to do. What is an easy solution to this problem? Another list! (See, I told you I was mildly obsessed with making lists!)
I packed my Summer 2013 Bucket List with some things I already have planned (like my trip to Las Vegas next weekend!!), things that will take a lot of dedication (running 100 miles), planning (getting people together to go see the Cards play), and I also threw in some things that are just plain fun and hope to do more than once (I’ll take as much Pineapple Whip as possible, please!)
I plan on printing this out and putting it in a picture frame on my desk so I can cross off all the fun things that I do this summer! What are some of the fun things that you’re wanting to do in the nice, warm weather?