TGIF! The weekend is HERE! This has been a really exciting week in Kelly-land, but I’m really excited for the weekend! Tonight I’m going out to dinner with some friends for my birthday which should be really fun, and I have some other very exciting weekend plans….. I am doing laundry! I know. I’m so wild and crazy. But laundry means that I’ll get to see my parents, and I always like that.
1. I just got this tote from Target last week and I already love it. I needed a new big bag to use as a big carry-all for when I fly. I have a fun trip coming up in April and I’m trying to think ahead. I have already used this bag twice this week and it is working out great!
2. This mug is everything. I got it for Christmas and have been using it all the time at work and at home. My mom knows me so well.
3. Last year some friends got me started listening to podcasts and they are the best. They make my commute to and from work much more fun and hilarious a the Gilmore Guys podcast is my new favorite. One guy is a super fan, one guy has never seen the show before, and they just talk about the show one episode at a time. Fun for a major fan like me!
4. Last year, one of the concerts I went to had Vance Joy as one of the opening acts. His popular song of the moment is called “Riptide” and I think it’s a really fun song. Even more fun, Taylor Swift singing it. Enjoy.
5. I’ve been working on a project at work with the other editors for… what seems like forever. It’s really only been 2 months. But we have been working REALLY hard and so as a treat one Friday, we all pitched in a few dollars and had pizza for lunch. It lifted our spirits and now pizza Friday is a permanent thing. And it’s my favorite.
Enjoy your weekend, I know I’ll be enjoying mine! Happy (pizza) Friday!
Happy happy Friday everyone! This has been a very interesting week with lots and lots of rain. So much rain. I keep forgetting to wear/bring my rain boots to work and it was a horrible decision every day. Work for me was a roller coaster- one day I was super busy, and the next day it was a struggle to find things to keep busy with, and then the day after that was busy and stressful all over again… I am just so glad it is the weekend again! Here are my 5 things to share for the week!
1. Charcoal Face Mask– I tried a new face mask this afternoon and LOVE IT! It is a charcoal and black sugar polishing mask and my face feels amazing! You put it on your face, let it sit for 5 minutes, spend 2 minutes rubbing it in, and then rinse it off. I definitely felt like Bert from Mary Poppins with soot on my face and I also got some in my hair, but oooh my face feels so polished!
2. I stopped at Target on my way home from work today and found the best new jacket! I had been needing a new light jacket for those transition days where it is chilly enough for an extra layer, but not cold enough for an actual coat. This one is perfect and comes in quite a few colors- I got the grey with a little tiny houndstooth print!
3. This video made me laugh out loud. It is just so fun and makes me wish that I lived somewhere where I could hail a cab.
4. United Sweets of America– This map is the best! My state (Missouri) got gooey butter cake. That is absolutely correct. Gooey butter cake is so delicious and more specifically is a St. Louis staple. In fact, a lot of people outside of St. Louis have never even heard of it, let alone tried it. I remember trying to explain it to my college roommate freshman year and she just didn’t understand. So sad.
5. Speaking of gooey butter cake… you should try this recipe for gooey butter cookies. I have made these multiple times and they are always a hit! It has the same great taste as the gooey butter cake we all know and love, but in a portable, hand-held cookie. And it uses a box of cake mix as the base of the recipe- it doesn’t get much easier than that!